Many of you may know already that my dad passed away two weeks ago. I have spent the last week trying to decide what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it, but it's been hard to word things absolutely perfect so I decided to just share some of my memories about my dad.
Some of My Memories about My Dad:
-When I first started school at USU I hated it more than anything. I was close to home but yet so far away and so home sick. Dad was self employed so I could call and talk to him at any time. I called him at least once a day if not two to three times. Our conversations would last anywhere from 5 minutes up to an hour or more. I know that he was busy with other things but he always made time for me when I called. I wouldn't have made it through that first semester if it hadn't been for him.
-He was so patient, I can't even think of a time he ever raised his voice at me.
-He never had much to say but if he did man you better listen because it was either very profound or very hilarious.
-He was so willing to help with any school project I had.
-He made awesome dutch oven potatoes, dutch oven peach cobbler, and homemade rootbeer.
-He had a kind heart.
-He was a great example.
-He loved my mom and us kids more than anything in the world. He would have done anything to help us.
-He was always helping other people with their projects and putting his on the back burner.
-When it was dad's turn to make dinner he would make open faced grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.
-He always made us Mickey Mouse or Little Mermaid pancakes.
-Dad loved No Bake Cookies.
-He also loved to have a thin slice of cheese on cookies or brownies.
-Right after Jerry and I moved to Sheridan I hit a deer one hit coming home from work, the car and deer were just fine. Well every time after that incident when I would talk to dad on the phone he would ask if I had hunted any deers lately.
-His grandsons brought so much joy into his life.
-He called our family the Anderson Family Circus. We lost our righ leader in our Family Circus.
-It took my mom a long time to get dad to take time off for a family vacation but when he did, we had some great times together.
My dad was great man. He was an example to each and everyone around him. Many have been touched by his love and friendship and he will not be forgotten.




4 comments:
I love reading your memories of your dad. Every so often everyone will need to get together to share their memories and to have peach cobbler. Although, the peach cobbler may not be as good as he made it, it will still be our tribute to him. Kory's is getting better, but it's just not the same. What an amazing man you were blessed with as your father!
That was nice, it's so hard to think about life without such a sweet Dad. I wish that we would have had some of those pictures for the slide show. Maybe I will add them, I will have to re-do the music but that's ok.
Your memories were just so fun to think of, and try to even picture myself in that position. He seemed like an amazing man and I'm sure he was, and then some! You're such an incredibly strong woman, and I know you will grow and pull through this. We're really always thinking about you! We love you mel!
Thanks Melissa. This was beautiful. I love to read the good stuff and hear all the funny stories. Hope your doing o.k. (whatever that means) Hang in there. We love ya.
Post a Comment