CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

BaBy?....I tHiNk sO

I bet you thought I was going to say that I'm pregnant! Hah not for a few more years. We do have a new little bundle of joy or at least I think it is. Some of you may have heard about Penelope. She was a very pretty purple flower plant that Jerry had bought for me just after we were married. Well it was my job to make sure she got watered. Did I mention that I am not so good at remembering to do this? Well I'm not and my lack of watering, killed her. :( I know it is quite sad.

Well Jerry decided that he was going to give me a timeline of animals that I had to be able to keep alive before we could have a baby. No he isn't evil or anything it's more just to keep me occupied with something. We both want to wait before we have a baby. So the rules of this little "game" are that if I can keep our new bundle of joy, Zola, alive for 6 months then I can move up to getting a fish. If I can keep the fish alive for 6 months then I can get something like a hamster or rabbit. I have to keep each new pet alive for at least 6 months then I can move onto the next. From hamster or rabbit we would get a dog and if the dog lasts at least 1 year then we will have a baby.

The catch is, if I kill any of these along the way I have to start at the beginning. After my dad's funeral my mom was left with a plethora of plants and flowers and wanted badly for me to take at least one. Well she had heard about poor Penelope and said that I was more likely to keep a plant alive then a flower so here is the newest memeber of the Rasmussen family, Zola....
Lets just hope that I don't kill her too. I really don't mean to do it on purpose. I just seem to get caught up in other things and forget to water the plants. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have faith in you. and i thought you were pregnant!

. said...

Well, I hope that she does survive, because it's like progression you know.. baby steps hehe... I read this and I totally remembered penelope, all withered and sad, and dry... hehehe, good luck! I know you can do it!

Three K's and Two P's said...

You two crack me up. I am not good at keeping plants alive either though. Children are different. You actually do remember to feed and water them. It's a crazy thing. Love you!

Teddy said...

I was so ready for the announcement!

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

I totally thought you were pregnant! LOL! Yay for Zola! Good Luck! I am the same way with plants!

Three K's and Two P's said...

I think that was Kory's way of checking up on his little sister without having to say he was checking up on you. He just like's to give you a hard time.

Fowler Family Blog said...

Melissa,

I think babies are acutally easier to take care of, I have the same problem with plants I always kill them we have had a plant for almost 11 months and that is the longest I have been able to keep any plant alive. But atleast babies let you know when they need something trust me they won't just sit there and be quiet.

Anyway I hope everything is going good for you!~
Collette

kara said...

I managed to keep a beta fish around for almost a full academic year and then he died right before finals. Bummer. I have full confidence in you! ;)