CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

IcE sKaTiNg

Interesting fact about Sheridan Wyoming....it is one of the only cities in Wyoming that still has an outdoor ice skating rink. The reason I bring this fact up is that Friday Jerry and I both had the day off and decided after the new fallen snow, that ice skating would be something new and fun to do (we get quite sick of just watching movies, because that is the only thing to do in this small town). So we get to the ice rink and I am brought back to the memories of high school when we would occassionally go ice skating at the Ogden Ice Sheet. I was quite nervous thinking I would fall on my butt almost immediately. However because I rollerbladed when I was in elementary school quite frequently, I felt like a pro on the ice. I can't say the same for my sweet husband. Living in such a small town he didn't have the luxury of skating let alone rollerblading and had only been ice skating once in junior high. He was a little nervous he would fall lots, but luckily that only happened once. He was quite good for a second timer. We had a great time but only lasted about an hour because of how cold it was. Although it was freezing I think we might just try it again very soon.









0 comments: