Last night was a hard night for me knowing that today was Father's Day and I wouldn't be able to wish my father a happy fathers day or thank him for his example or thank him for all the help he gives me or even be teased by him for hitting a deer. I am grateful for the sweet husband who gave me a loving hug allowing me to use his white shirt to collect my mascara stained tears and told him how much I miss my dad and talked about memories I have of him. He helped remind me that I had many happy Father's Days in the past with him and how proud he would be of me for getting a teaching job doing what I love. Nonetheless it is still hard to think that there will never be another Father's Day that I will be able to spend with that sweet man. It was hard to visit home without being able to see my dad but instead seeing the headstone marking the place where he lies. I love you dad and miss you lots and you should be proud that I haven't hit any more deer with my car!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You definitely made me cry with that one Melissa. Your dad was so proud of you for going after what you wanted and accomplishing your goals. He is still so proud of you. I know he will be looking down on you on your first day in the classroom! We all miss him so much! Love you!
What a landmark day you kids have gotten through. Zed's quiet influence is woven into our family.
Hope you guys had a fun fourth! It was so fun to see you last month! Time to plan your next trip here... LOL
Post a Comment